Fiduciary Trust Company was founded as a family office in 1885 and incorporated as a trust bank in 1928. Throughout its history, the firm has maintained a proud tradition of providing clients with objective and comprehensive investment management, trust, estate settlement, and other services. As a privately-held company, unfettered by the demands of Wall Street or a public parent company, we have maintained a steadfast commitment to long-term alignment with client objectives. This focus and commitment have resulted in a sustained 98% annual client retention rate.
- 1885 – Founded as a family office
- 1962 – Expanded to serve endowments & foundations
- 1977 – Became anchor tenant in the new Fiduciary Trust Building in Boston (see 1976 Buildings Journal)
- 2014 – Established affiliate Fiduciary Trust of New England to provide access to New Hampshire’s favorable trust and estate environment for clients nationwide
- 2017 – Created donor-advised fund program with Fiduciary Trust Charitable
- 2019 – Relocated Boston headquarters to 53 State Street